Programs seeking Coaches for Spring 2022: Puyallup, Nathan Hale
Please send all job postings to email@example.com
Girls Lacrosse Varsity Head Coach
Nathan High School
Date Needed: April – June 2021
Nathan Hale High School is looking for an energetic, motivational coach who is organized and can create a positive presence at lacrosse practice and games. Candidates should possess the following:
- Knowledge of WSLA rules and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of individual and team fundamentals of LAX
- Ability to develop and train student-athletes
- Personal skills that reflect positive relations with high school student-athletes, parents and the community
- Ability to organize and prepare practice schedules
- Ability to develop a solid discipline that emphasizes teamwork and good sportsmanship
- Availability for practice Monday-Friday after school
- High school diploma or equivalent
- WSLA Level 1 certification - training is available in January & paid for by the club
- Club coaching and/or collegiate playing experience
- First Aid/CPR/AED trained and certified from either Red Cross or American Heart Association – training paid for by the club
- Have successfully completed Concussion recognition and management with Return to Play Protocols training as required by Washington State Law
- District required Criminal Justice Fingerprint and Background Clearance and SPS Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
posted 7/21/2021 EM
The Puyallup Panthers Lacrosse Club and the Valley Lacrosse Alliance is actively seeking a new dynamic, energetic and highly organized leader for our High School Girls Lacrosse program. Candidates for this position must be able to coach, teach, mentor and effectively communicate all skill levels of women’s lacrosse. We are looking for a head coach that can foster relationships with student-athletes, build individual and team confidence and help build the girl’s lacrosse program.
The Puyallup Panther HS Head Coach is responsible for leading, developing and inspiring young women in the sport of lacrosse. The Head HS Coach must be able teach basic and advance lacrosse techniques, develop and inspire the student-athletes, as well as give timely and pertinent feedback to improve both individual and team performance. Additionally, the Head Coach must focus on providing the proper instruction and make the safety of the players the top priority.
This position requires an experienced coach who has strong managerial and organizational skills that can bring fresh new ideas to the program.
- Manage all aspects of the Girls Lacrosse program on and off the field.
- Manage and supervise all assistant coaches.
- Strong technical and tactical knowledge of Girls Lacrosse
- Committed to building a character first Lacrosse program
- Actively maintain familiarity with all Puyallup Panthers Lacrosse players and families
- Strong ability to use technology in implementing game and practice strategies
- The ability to communicate effectively to player, parents and alumni
- Teach relevant skills, tactics, and techniques consistent with safe and effective play
- Improve performance by providing feedback to individual players and the team
- Communicate efficiently and timely with parent concerns
- Attend all pertinent club meetings
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Valley Lacrosse Core Values
- Other duties as delegated by the Director of Athletics
Prior coaching experience at the high school Lacrosse is desired but can be discussed during the recruitment process/interview. All Head Coaches must have basic proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, virtual collaboration tools and have the ability to research and use other web based tools.
- Must have excellent organizational, writing, and communications skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, and have professional work ethics.
- Must be able to interact effectively with others and work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative in handling multiple priorities and have good time management skills.
- Must be motivated, self-starting, willing to take initiative and responsibility.
- Must be flexible with schedules and willing to travel when required.
- Must hold personal and business-sensitive information in confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong conflict resolution
- Excellent collegiality, professionalism, and organizational ability
- Ability to work well with teenagers and their parents
- Ability to use sound judgment and work independently
- Must meet all Washington State and US Lacrosse certification requirements.
If you are interested in this position please contact Mr. Tony Duck at 253-381-0596 or