2023 WSLA Program Certification
• LYSTEDT LAW – ALL PLAYERS, PARENTS, COACHES
• SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST LAW – ALL PLAYERS, PARENTS, COACHES
• BACKGROUND CHECK - ALL COACHES
• USA LACROSSE MEMBER - ALL COACHES
• CPR/FIRST AID - ALL COACHES
• ALL 12U, 14U, JV and Varsity Head Coaches MUST be USAL Level 1 certified
As Athletic Director or Activities Coordinator, Program Board President, or Head Coach of this team, we declare (or certify) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that a copy of all documents listed below will be gathered and kept orderly in a electronic file/binder/notebook prior to the first day of practice. Furthermore, this electronic file/binder/notebook will be immediately available upon request from the WSLA league board at any time during the season and will be kept through championship weekend at the conclusion of the season:
1. Lysted and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Laws – Certification (hard copies or proof of digital review) that all players and parents on the team have reviewed, signed and returned a concussion and head injury information sheet as well as a Sudden Cardiac Arrest information sheet.
2. Background Check – Documentation that all members of the coaching staff have a background check. A background check can be done when renewing a coaches USA Lacrosse membership at no extra cost. This is a required part of the USA Lacrosse Level 1 Coaching Cetification as of 2019
3. USA Lacrosse Member – Printed email confirmation or photocopy of membership card showing that all coaches of this team are valid and current USA Lacrosse members. **(membership is valid through May 31st of currect season) This is required of ALL coaches.
4. CPR/First Aid – Photocopies of current CPR and First Aid certification for all members of the coaching staff. **(valid through May 31st of the current season)
5. USAL Level 1 certification -- required for ALL Varsity, JV, 14U, and 12U head coaches and strongly encouraged for ALL members of the coaching staff.
Furthermore, we declare (or certify) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that every person who is or will be coaching this team have complied with the training requirements of the Lysted and Sudden Cardiac Arrest laws (review video, read fact sheet for coaches and other information available on league website and elsewhere.)